———- Certificate Course on Alternative Dispute Resolution ———-
[ Next batch starts on Friday 10th April, register by Wednesday 8th April | limited seats | Click here to enrol now! ]
“A court of law is a 1908 vintage Rolls-Royce, the year of the Civil Procedure Code – stately and solemn; while arbitration is a Maruti which will take you to the same destination with far greater speed, higher efficiency and dramatically less fuel consumption”. These words by Nani Palkhivala precisely capture the beauty of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) as a time-saving and cost-effective system. In the current globalized environment of speedy transactions and emphasis on efficiency, a lawyer cannot afford to be unaware about the intricacies of ADR. LexLife India has taken special care in designing this Certificate Course on ADR to introduce young students to this lucrative field with great promise in times to come. Practical viewpoint of experts has been incorporated throughout the reading material to ensure that you can make the most out of this course.
Module 1: Introduction to ADR
- Concept of ADR and its advantages
- History of ADR: Global and Indian perspective
- Development of ADR law in India
- Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996
Module 2: Mediation and negotiation
- Mediation: Definition, scope and purpose
- Legal provisions regarding mediation
- Procedural aspects of mediation
- Negotiation: Procedure, stages and outcomes
Module 3: Practical aspects of ADR
- Appointment of arbitrators
- Statement of claims and defence
- Award of arbitration
- Claims on award and limitation
Module 4: ADR in international arena
- International conventions regarding ADR
- Salient features of international arbitration
- International arbitration centres
- Comparative analysis of laws
Administration of the course:
- The duration of this guided course is 3 weeks. It contains 4 modules.
- Every 5 days starting 30th of March, study material for 1 module will be sent to you via email.
- You will have to finish a module within 5 days.
- Your doubts (if any) will be resolved over WhatsApp or email within 48 hours.
- You will receive a certification test (in the form of a questionnaire) via email on 20th of April.
- You will be given a time of two days to submit the test back to us via email.
- After submission of the test, you will receive your Certificate cum score-card via speed post.
Original fee = INR 2499 + 18% GST
New discounted fee = INR 1499 + 18% GST
In order to enrol yourself, kindly fill the form by clicking here.
After submitting the online form, you will receive an email from us with further guidelines including payment details within 48 hours.
For any query, you can contact our support team over WhatsApp by clicking here or over email at email@example.com.